Who can I contact if I have questions about privacy?
If you would like to access information held about you by Belmont 16s, please contact the Privacy Officer, Belmont 16s, The Parade, Belmont NSW 2280 on (02) 4945 0888. Alternatively, the Right to Information and Privacy Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Will information collected be treated in line with NSW Privacy legislation?
Yes. Belmont 16s policy is to treat your privacy in line with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the NSW Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
What information do we collect?
Belmont 16s collects and stores the information volunteered by you on this website, such as comments and enquiries which contain your contact and email address as well as information about how you use the website.
When you look at the pages on the The Boat Shed Bar + Galley website, our computers automatically record and collect information that identifies for each page accessed:
the IP (internet protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
- your top-level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .au, .uk);
- the address of your server;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous website visited; and
- the type of browser and operating system you have used.
Cookies are used from The Boat Shed Bar + Galley website to collect information.
Basic identifying information
We collect information from you when you register to use the The Boat Shed Bar + Galley website. This information may vary depending on the specific needs of Belmont 16s, however, at a minimum this includes your:
- screen name; and
- email address.
We will use this information to moderate user input. Comments that do not adhere to the Moderation Policy will be removed and you will be notified of this by email.
Additional demographic information such as your age, gender and post code is also collected and helps us understand who is using our website.
We collect information that you put on the website after you have signed up, including but not limited to:
- comments in forums;
- responses to quick polls;
- responses to surveys; and
- comments on maps.
Note that you can browse the website completely anonymously without signing up but you will need to sign up to make comments.
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information from other users to identify patterns of usage across the website. This assists us in improving the The Boat Shed Bar + Galley website and the services it offers.
What exceptions are there to this?
Belmont 16s will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on UrbanGrowth NSW pages;
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the UrbanGrowth NSW website;
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the UrbanGrowth NSW website by other websites;
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the UrbanGrowth NSW website;
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; and
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the UrbanGrowth NSW website by other users.
Belmont 16s reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the The Boat Shed Bar + Galley website raises a suspicion that an offence is being or has been committed.
In the event of an investigation, Belmont 16s will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
Is the information stored securely?
Yes. Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held by Belmont 16s for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, it is deleted in accordance with our obligations under the State Records Act 1998.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Yes. Due to the evolving nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. Any amended policy will be posted to this website and will operate from the time it is posted.